Monday, August 25, 2014

"Vandelay Industries"

   'Seinfeld' is one of my all time favourite TV shows!! It's setting in New York, the humour of Larry David and the bizarre 'show about details' will make me laugh for years to come!! I also love how life is filled with 'Seinfeld moments' as the stories are so mundane and typical... the low talker, the parking space, the hire car and on it goes....
   Art Vandelay was one of George Costanza's invented characters he used in a number of tricky situations... he was in the import/export business for latex and latex related products!! I bough this t-shirt from red bubble.com but I bought my Vandelay Industries sticker from Kenny [the real] Kramer on his Seinfeld 'reality tour' in New York in 1998!! I visited the man and the stall that inspired 'The Soup Nazi' in 2000 and wow, that soup is amazing, complete with bread roll, fruit and milkshake cup of your choice of flavour... beef, jumbalaya... Everyone in the line trying not to talk or laugh about how similar the real life experience was...
   Art Vandelay was waiting for a call at Jerry's apartment, about a job, when the call came while George was in the 'bathroom' and Kramer had no idea who the caller was asking for... George ends up running into the room, pants around his ankles, spreadeagled on the floor, missing the call as Karmer hangs up!! I believe he does get George out of a tight spot at an open house inspection seeking to use the bathroom during a street parade in Manhattan!!
Vandelay was a legend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment