Sunday, August 10, 2014

"Rugby" 52

   I'm too busy at the moment to keep up with t-shirt and PHOTO of the Week but here's a catch up!! This is a redbubble t that keeps my link with my favourite sport in the age of form fitting jerseys. I was complaining to someone at Rugby the other day that I have a significant collection of rugby jumpers at home... that stops at the advent of the skin tight jerseys.
   I suppose any side wants to nail the 10%ers but I'm skeptical about this development... especially as it separates the players from the punters for more than just someone like me... You won't see nearly as many old jerseys down at the pub as everyday wear.
   That said, the collection should probably be on the wall in my study, like the boxes at the old Randwick Rugby Club. Significant ones include:
- 1989 British Lions
- 1980s Steinlager All Blacks
- Ireland Cotton Traders
- ANZAC jersey
- Brumbies original Canberra Milk
- Auckland Blues Ranfurly Shield hooped jumper
- South African Springboks readmission jumper
- Baa Baas
- 1980s Wallabies Adidas jumper
- I even have a lightning strike Wallaby one...
- David Campese 50th Test try jumper

   So this t-shirt just reminds me and anyone who asks, that I love, played and coached "the game they play in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment