Friday, November 15, 2013

"Helvetica" Band name or ?

   I'm walking out of the local shopping centre and a passerby asks me "helvetica, can I ask you... what is that?'
I explain it's a font "you know... a style of lettering... on the computer!!" He says he plays in a local metal band and they've been looking for a new name, something like Metallica... "that'd be perfect!!"  I let him know you can buy it on http://www.redbubble.com and we part ways.... I actually think someone may have beaten him to it, but I haven't kept an eye on the local gig guide to check it out!!
   Not being a huge fan of metal I am quite fond of the truetype font that is 'helvetica'... it's old school, compact, good for some reports and a contrast to Tahoma in newsletters, no... seriously!! And let's face it [ha ha, see what I did there]!! it does get me into some interesting conversations... there are people all over NSW who think variously:
- it's a photocopier company
- a swedish car
- a type of exotic cheese
- a Greek soccer club
- and you guessed it, a heavy metal band!!

'Helvetica' a great font!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment