Thursday, February 27, 2014

'THINKING... Please be patient'

   There's a 'Tropfest' film story in the way I live my life in hindsight!! Part questioning confidence, part focused on listening and taking time to process what's really being said and part only figuring out the BEST response after the fact!! Whichever it is at any one time I thought this was a great t-shirt to sum up what needs to be in front of people when they encounter me... I especially wear it to meetings... things said that annoy, that I know I want to question but am not 100% sure why or how, great ideas that should be encouraged etc etc...
   The main tools to overcome this challenge involve inviting people to say more about their idea, opinion or thought [except in some cases where inviting people to stop talking would be better allround]... things like...

What's you answer/suggestion/worry/thought?
What makes you say that?
Tell me more about that?
If that is the problem, can you hear what others are saying?
If you see it that way, what do you see as the way forward?
What do you think makes the others see it their way?

I would write more, but I'm going to save this post and edit it again later...




No comments:

Post a Comment